Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lately... lately.... lately

It turns out being home is busier than I thought it would be. Before that happened, though, my brother and Ollie and I went on an adventure to find a ghost town.

We got most of the way there only to find that the road to get there was still covered in snow since it hadn't been warm long enough. Super treacherous. Not Prius conditions, certainly. Bummer.

Then Sean Nelson and Jacob James played In the Round (with Eric on guitar, of course. That's just what you do for magic). Jon Sands performed also. They almost made me cry about five times. What a brilliant event.

A day or two later, I made my triumphant return to the House of Breaking Glass to dust off some old sessions to send to Ben to maybe mix. That's right, my songs are moving around again. ...like zombies!

That's a gun in the guitcello. Did you know Phil Peterson's middle name is Spector? (...That's 'cause it's not.)

And Visqueen got back to practicing again. I have a personalized parking spot at the space. Kinda.

Oh, and Strap Straps played! Ben Hooker plays bass, y'all!


Anyway, now there's a whole bunch of administrative work (and more practice) going on. I mean, it's actually chaotic and ridiculous. Gearing up for tour always is a little bit, but things are being shaken up a lot with this one. You'll see. And on top of that we have a show on Vashon Island and another video shoot this weekend.

ALSO!!!! The video for "The Capitol" is premiering REALLY, REALLY soon. I'm excited for you to see it!

1 comment:

  1. excited to hear your musics!

    love the kitty confab photo.

    ReplyDelete