Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nu bruises.

I tripped on my guitar stand in the middle of a song in Santa Cruz the other night and I'm still finding new bruises. This is the real reason I wear tights.

Updates that I haven't made:

A lot of incredibly scenic driving. The most gorgeous pee I've taken happened behind the fallen tree you see here:
Then we stayed at this lovely hotel. It was karaoke night. I couldn't stay upright for laughing so much.
Smiley breakfast.
But then the weather got crappy jut in time for us to go play in Santa Cruz.
Santa Cruz, home of the bruises. It was seriously just cold and raining. Good thing we left Seattle when it was sunny.

Yesterday we played an in-store at Amoeba in Hollywood as the toned-down trio version of Visqueen. Just Barb, Rachel and me. We'd never performed that way before, and it's a little bit nerve-wracking when you're used to being loud and bouncy.


I got all nostalgic about living in Hollywood, especially when a kid I went out with twice when I was 19 showed up, gave the smile of recognition while I was on stage and then didn't say hi. That's cool, I only introduced you to Singles AND Baraka. People, be nice and say hello, please! Justice had the courtesy of trying to play personal shopper for me when they set me loose on the store with $50 of credit. I kind of ignored him and made off with Otis Redding, Ethiopiques and Thurston Moore (and change, which will soon be used on Ladyhawke).

I know this is not new, but I squeed nonetheless:

After my shopping spree/squeefest, it was off to Alex's Bar (or, if you're ridiculous like I am, Fangtasia) to play with Steve Soto and the Twisted Hearts (who absolutely blow my mind).
I found myself on the bathroom wall:
I don't know who this artist is, but I was absolutely smitten with their work.

WHEW. A lot of catch-up. Sorry about that. I'll try to be better. We are finally spending a day not driving, which is exceptionally great as we're at a friend's place in Santa Monica and the sun's come back out. Tonight we're playing at Spaceland with Bear Hands, and I'm so excited. I hope to see some good folks there! Tomorrow we're playing a "secret" show at the Hemlock in San Francisco. Please, please, please come say hi or tell your friends to!

No comments:

Post a Comment