Friday, February 26, 2010

Turn it around

LA made last night so incredible. I mean, people were there! I wasn't sure that happened out here. Also, someday I will have to take a photo of the eight foot difference between Ronnie, one of my VQ bass predecessors, and myself. Hilarious. A nice young fella took pictures, viewable here. He thinks we play pop punk ska songs. I might disagree.

Also, Bear Hands and Adam Bones + Ari Shine opened. Totally fun pop from opposite ends of the spectrum (my spectrum in this case ranging from traditionally accessible to, well, Brooklyn). However, and I'm not naming any names here, but for the record, it's incredibly poor etiquette to rest your sweating beverage on the other band's equipment, like an Orange amplifier, for example. It leaves a puddle. We know you did it. Liquids and amps are a risk you really ought to leave up to the people who own them. Thanks.

Anyway, we've been totally spoiled crashing with our friend Edward in Santa Monica. 
He has pretty much everything the Replacements ever did on vinyl...
Bet you've never even heard "Nowhere Is My Home." Oh, and he has that Bruce Willis record you see beneath the Replacements here. Pure poetry.

Off to San Francisco in a few short moments. Trip will likely pause for some Andersen's pea soup, but then we're playing at the Hemlock tonight and I'm hanging out with Brendan! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment