Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Potentially Interesting Places #9

I am in California right now. Again. Rachel and I are here for a couple of Visqueen shows. (We get back Thursday afternoon, at which point I will dress up in something Madonnaesque and party at Havana in Seattle!)

I lived here a couple of years ago. I went to school in Hollywood. I think at the time most of my friends didn't believe I'd leave Seattle, they would talk to me often about how horrible LA is. When I left, I remember feeling like it was the least cool thing you could do in Seattle to be forthright about having ambition as a musician. The idea that Los Angeles was the exact opposite of that, that everyone else was insane enough to follow their ambition away from home and that this isn't a place you come to hide that... it was enough to call me down here. That's when I wrote this song:


Songs in Potentially Interesting Places #9 from Cristina Bautista on Vimeo.

The thing is, I'm moving back down in November.

5 comments:

  1. Well, LA will be thrilled to have you back. Perhaps I'll see you playing the Hotel Cafe or Mint soon? I'll save the "welcome home" comment for later. :)

    Cheers,

    B~

    ReplyDelete
  2. When can we in LA expect to see you? Do you have a concept of when in November you'll be here?

    B~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Sorry to have to ask, but do I know you? Just wondering.

    Anyway, I'll be back playing in LA before November with Visqueen, but my proposed moving date is the beginning of that month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um.....hi!

    Nope, you do not know me, but I'm a Visqueen fan that just moved to LA after being in Seattle for 4 years, thought it was cool that you'd be down here making music, would def check you out live and bring my squad. My boys are all musicians, they play Hotel Cafe, Mint, Crane's, etc,.. always cool to know we'll have more folks down here...sorry, wasn't trying to be creepy/stalkerish! I like your music...that's cool, isn't it?

    Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Of course that's cool! I was just asking because I was going to feel really bad if you were someone I knew and I didn't realize who it was! Thanks for following this!

    ReplyDelete